Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Purling.

I've been avoiding this topic. Acting like knitting is the easiest thing in the world... It isn't. Breathing is pretty easy. Swallowing (another mundane act) requires little energy.

I've noticed that I can now perform the knit stitch in the dark (perform?).

I think this means purling time.

So, I'm pulling out what I've knitted so far, and heading to The Yarn Co.

I have to be asleep in 6 minutes, so let's hope I'm a quick learner (yes, i have a personal bed time. teenagers need 8 hours of sleep, and I fully intend to be refreshed each morning).

Ok. Learned purling in around 4 minutes. The directions were exact. While the pictures assisted, the words were the true guidance. Before I knew exactly how to do the knit stitch, I was almost doing the purl stitch, but not completely. It's pretty much the reverse of the knit stitch.

I still need to practice more, then bind off. Then I will tackle my hat. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment