Sunday, January 31, 2010

Casting On.

I'm choosing to stick with StitchDiva, who taught me how to make the correct slip knot. So, why can't they teach me to cast on?
(I am literally typing as I attempt to do this, so bear with me!)

Attempt #1
StitchDiva! Old buddy, old pal, how have you been in the half and hour we've been apart? Good? I hope so!
Apparently, I am starting with the "Double Cast-On" which StitchDiva claims to be the regular method. I tried wrapping the tail end around my thumb (which I believe is recommended?)
Ah, yes, the exact quote: "Wrap the tail end of your yarn around your left thumb and wrap your working yarn around your left index finger"
That didn't work. It just made a knot.

Attempt #2
I wrapped the working yarn around my thumb, and the tail around my index finger. Suddenly, I am casting on!
I don't know how many stitches to make. 20? 15? How about 18. Good luck for the Superbowl, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment